Recipe: CODFISH AND CHICKPEAS CREAM WITH CRISPY PEPPERS AND LIME
CODFISH AND CHICKPEAS CREAM WITH CRISPY PEPPERS AND LIME
RECIPE SUPPLIED BY: HUMUS BISTROT
FOR THE CREAM
- 500 gr unsalted codfish
- 250 gr chickpeas
- to taste blanched garlic
- 1 lime bio
- to taste olive oil
- 30 gr crispy peppers (peperoni cruschi) you can buy them already done
- to taste basil
- to taste black pepper
- to taste salt
FOR THE COURT BOUILLON
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 stem parsley
- 1 leaf laurel
TO MAKE THE CREAM
- Boil chickpeas as instructions on package.
- Put all the ingredients to make the court bouillon in a pan with 2L of cold water and bring to 80°C. Then add the codfish and cook for 5min. Turn of the fire and let it cool in the broth.
- Take the chickpeas with a little bit of cooking water, the blanched garlic, oil and salt and blend until you have a cream.
- Clean the codfish take the skin away, add some broth, salt and pepper and blend until you have a cream.
- Mix the two creams together.
- Add the juice and the grated zest of the lime and black pepper.
- Place on serving plate and decorate with basil, crispy peppers and black pepper.
TO MAKE THE BLANCHED GARLIC
- Cut the garlic slice in half and take away the bud inside.
- Cover the garlic with cold water in a pan and boil it for few seconds.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Repeat this process for 7 times.
Follow me on: